Pages

5.15.2012

SVG Files ~ Take One

I've been making new friends over in the Digi Scrapping Tips, Tricks and Freebies group on Facebook.   There are a bunch of wonderful ladies there that share free kits & goodies as they find them.  We also discuss digital scrapbooking and little tricks we find to make our pages better.

Many of the ladies in the group use My Memories Suite.  One of the tricks we've learned for MMS is that you can use SVG files to give yourself more shapes to use in the program.  It's super easy to add the files to the program and have the shapes available. Sharon has some instructions on her blog.  There is also a video tutorial  from Lisa at My Memories.

In our group, I've become the resident SVG shape maker.  I don't make anything super complicated, but I've been playing around with Inkscape and have figured out a few things.  Mostly I've been making shapes by request from the ladies in the group.

Today, I'm going to share the shapes I've previously made and a couple new ones I made today.  They are all combined into one zip file, so if you are in the group and grabbed some of my shapes previously you are going to end up with duplicates!  You can download them all by clicking on the image below.


Do you have any other shapes you'd like? I'm still learning how to do this, but I'm willing to give most anything a try!  Just leave me a comment here!

5 comments:

  1. Great page, love the header. the svg's are great too. good luck with your endeavor, i hope it works out great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog and LURRRVE the svg cleverness. You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YAY!!! You fixed the comment thingamabobber! Thanks Diana. Love you new blog, the name is awesome, and great job on the SVG shapes. Thanks for sharing... I've downloaded them and will see about playing with them some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your new blog. You are waaaaaay more technologically advanced than me, fortunately for all of us. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Diana - your creativity is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so leave me a comment!